Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fabric: Expanding Hobbies



For this post I wanted to share my latest hobby which is learning to design my own patterns for 18 inch doll clothes and to beef up my sewing skills at the same time.  I soon learned sewing with knit material is more difficult than I imagined but it is a lot of fun figuring out the type of flat shape you need to use to get the correct dimensional shape later on when you sew everything together. Its a great puzzle.

I decided to combine hobbies and try out one of my cut-paper stencils with spray paint on fabric. I selected a sparkly gold spray paint for the job.  Turns out the shiny part falls off, gets ALL over the place, and your left with a neutral tan color.  Not my finest decision but hey, you live you learn.  Overall, it was a success and I can't wait to give it another shot.



Fun spray paint texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment